Welcome To The City of Bloomfield New Mexico

How Do I?

No answers matched your search

Aquatics Center

You may rent the entire pool for your party or event. The indoor pool is available for rental from 7-9 p.m. on Fridays and from 5-7 p.m. on Saturdays. The $150 rental fee includes staff and lifeguards. A deposit must be made when the reservation is booked. For more information, call 505-632-0313.

City Hall

Agendas for City Council meetings are available on the website and are posted the Thursday prior to the meeting. The Bloomfield City Council meets at 6 p.m. the second and fourth Monday of each month. Once approved by the Bloomfield City Council, minutes of City Council meetings are also posted on the website

There are several notaries at City Hall and any of them will be more than happy to help. There is no fee to have papers notarized at City Hall.

Information for municipal elections is posted on the City Clerk page. Municipal elections are held every two years. The next municipal election in Bloomfield will be held in March, 2018. For county, state and federal elections, you may go to the County Clerks page of the San Juan County website.


The Municipal Court can levy fines up to $500 and/or impose penatlites up to 90 days in jail for each offense. The Bloomfield Municipal Court accepts cash, cashier's checks, money orders and personal checks for the payment of fines and fees.  You may pay online at https://www.citepayusa.com

Defendants must be dressed appropriately in order to be admitted into the courtroom.

  • No shorts or short skirts
  • No hats or head coverings
  • No halter or tank tops
  • No exposed midriffs
  • No low-cut tops, short skirts or dresses
  • No pants hanging below the waist
  • No torn clothing with holes
  • No inappropriate or distasteful logos on clothing

Fire Department

Human Resources

You will be required to enter your e-mail address when you apply for a job.  You will be notified by e-mail on you status.  If you are selected to be interviewed, you will be contacted by an HR representative and given the date and time of your interview.  


Municipal Operations Center

You may call 505-632-8448 during regular business hours -- 7 a.m.-5:30 p.m. -- or complete a form that is available online.

Motor Vehicle Department

Parks & Recreation

Planning & Zoning

It depends on the location in Bloomfield. Most of the zoning in Bloomfield is Agricultural, Community Commercial, Heavy Industrial, Light Industrial, Neighborhood Commercial, Residential (R-1), Residential (R-2), Residential (R-3), Residential (R-4), Rural Residential (RR-1), and Planned Unit Development District.

The property owner must complete a Building and Zoning Compliance Application/Permit. The front and side yard height limit is four feet. The back yard height limit is six feet. An illustration of the fence heights is available. If you're unsure about your property line, please have a surveyor set those property lines for you. There is no charge for a fence permit.

The property owner must complete a Building and Zoning Compliance Application/Permit. The setbacks for the shed will be determined by how the property is zoned. A copy of the site plan will be required. There are no fees for a storage shed permit.

The property owner must complete a Building and Zoning Compliance Application/Permit. How the property is zoned will determine setbacks for the carport/garage. A copy of the site plan for the carport/garage is required. Because a carport and a garage have roofs, a building permit is also required by San Juan County. Ken Douglass is the building official and he may be reached at 505-334-4313. There is no charge for a carport/garage permit.

Any mobile home being moved to Bloomfield requires a Mobile Home Movers/Set Application. The application must be completed by the owner of the mobile home or the contractor moving the mobile home. The contractor must have a City of Bloomfield business license. There is a $25 fee assessed for every mobile home.

Yes. A Sign Application/Permit must be completed by the property owner. One dollar per square foot of the sign must be paid. The business putting up the sign must have a City of Bloomfield business license. All pole signs require an engineer's stamp and have a building permit from San Juan County. Contact Ken Douglas at 505-334-4313.

The contractor must have a City of Bloomfield business license and complete an Excavation Permit application. The application will be issued based on if the property is near a paved street or dirt street. A $25 inspection/admin fee is charged and is non-refundable. For a paved road, an additional fee of a $5,000 bond or a $1,500 cash depost will be charged. For an unpaved road, the fee will be $2,000 bond or $175 cash deposit.

An Address Verification Form must be completed and provided to City Hall, along with proof of ownership of the property or rental/lease agreement of property.

Police Department

Senior Citizen Center

The monthly menu is posted on the website or you may pick up a copy of the menu at the Senior Center.

The bulletin board at the Senior Center is the best place to see what activities and classes are scheduled. Menus and activities are also included in Bits & Pieces, the city's newsletter, which goes out with utility bills each month. For more information, call the Senior Center at 505-632-8351.

All new clients who would like to participate in the meal and transportation programs at the Senior Center need to complete paperwork. Jessica Pollaty, the center's director, will assist you. There are no membership fees or dues associated with the Senior Center and lunch is strictly a voluntary donation.

Water Plant

Water Reclamation


You may pay your utility bill online at https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/bloomfieldnm

Garage/yard sale permits may be obtained at the Bloomfield Utility Department at Bloomfield City Hall, 915 N. First Street. Permits are $5 each and residents may hold a garage/yard sale only three times each year. Garage/yard sale signs are also available in the Utility Department for 50 cents.

Pay by Phone  $1.25 per payment transaction

Call 833-201-5691

Access your updated account instantly

Hear real-time balances, payment amounts, and due dates

Enter your information securely through an automated system

Fitness Center

All memberships are paid for and processed at City Hall at 915 N. First Street from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday thru Thursday.  City Hall is closed on Friday. 

Cultural Complex

You will need to fill out the Cultural Center Rental Contract and bring it to City Hall at 915 N. First Street anytime between 7:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday thru Thursday.  Please read the terms and condition of the contract before you fill it out.  All payments for your rental are made a City Hall.

Click here for a Cultural Center Rental Contract(1).pdf  

The City will accept cash, personel checks, and credit and debit cards. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.   Credit Card Logo.png