Keep Your Family Safe At Home
- Learn First Aid and CPR.
- Make a fire escape plan for your family. Find two exits out of every room. Pick a meeting place outside. Practice makes perfect - hold a family fire drill at least twice each year.
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home. For the best detection and notification protection, install both ionization- and photoelectric-type smoke alarms. Some models provide dual coverage. The type will be printed on the box or package. Put them inside near every bedroom. Test them monthly to make sure they work. Change Batteries twice per year; during the daylight savings time change is a good way to remember.
- Know how to put out a small frying pan fire by sliding a lid over the flames.
- Teach every family member to "Stop, Drop and Roll"; if clothes catch fire.
- Consider having a home fire sprinkler system installed in your new home, or when you remodel.
- Learn how and when to use a fire extinguisher.
- If you have a fire in your home, once you get out..stay out.
- Do not go back inside for any reason.