ADA / EEO Compliance
The City of Bloomfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Applications will only be accepted when positions are open. All applications must include and up-to-date resume for the application to be accepted. Submit a City of Bloomfield through ApplicantPro. Apply online.
- Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the city application form. When required of the position, attach a copy of certification(s) or license(s). Copies of high school diploma/GED & college degree must be provided at time of the interview. Pre-placement physical exams are required for some positions. Incomplete applications may delay or exclude consideration for employment.
The City of Bloomfield offers generous employee benefits which include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance for employees and dependents;
- Retirement benefits through New Mexico Public Employees Retirement Association;
(Plan II for regular employees and Plan V for fire and police)
- Retiree medical coverage;
- Employee deferred compensation programs;
- Employee educational assistance program;
- Employee wellness that give employees free fitness & aquatic center memberships;
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave along with 11 paid holidays.
⇛ Benefits Package (PDF 42 KB)
The City of Bloomfield's Police Department and Fire Department offer challenge and opportunity through a variety of assignments and is continuously seeking candidates that are ready to share an active role in making a difference in our community. Applicants must submit to a thorough background investigation including a medical and psychological evaluation, drug testing, and any other testing to determine the qualifications or character of the applicant. Police Officers must meet all minimum requirements established by the New Mexico Law Enforcement Academy for certification as a police officer.
The City of Bloomfield is actively seeking volunteers for the following departments:
|Volunteer Fitness Center Laborer
|Volunteer Parks Laborer
All volunteers must fill out a COB Volunteer Form and be willing to have a free background check performed.
For questions please call (505) 632-6371 or come by the administration office at 915 N. First Street from 7:00 am - 5:30 pm, Monday through Thursday.