kburkholder [at] bloomfieldnm.gov (Email)
I have worked in IT Client Support for 19 years. My husband is the principal at BHS and our son Kyle is currently at Fort Benning, GA - Army. I enjoy coaching track and cross country at BHS and working with our middle school and high school kids. I am a parishioner at St. Mary Church Bloomfield, NM and am proud to be a part of Bloomfield City Council.
seckstein [at] bloomfieldnm.gov (Email)
I have lived in Bloomfield since 1980, and graduated Bloomfield High School in 1983. In 1989 I met my wife Tonya, and we married the following year. We have three grown children and four grandchildren. All three of my children graduated Bloomfield high school. It is truly an honor to serve the residents of Bloomfield as a city councilor. I have had the pleasure of serving you in various positions I've held, dating back to 1987. My background includes:
- Being hired as a police officer with Bloomfield Police Dept., in 1987 where I achieved the rank of patrol sergeant prior to transferring to the San Juan County Sheriff's Office in 1995. There I achieved the ranks of detective and patrol sergeant, before retiring in 2007.
- In 2004 I was elected to serve on the Bloomfield City Council.
- In 2006 I was elected Mayor of Bloomfield, serving three consecutive four-year terms ending in 2018.
- In 2008 I was elected as a San Juan County Commissioner (District 3), serving two consecutive four-year terms from 2009 through 2016.
- In November of 2021 I was elected to the Bloomfield City Council, where I currently serve.
- I enjoy spending time with my family, being involved in my community and church, volunteering, camping, and travelling.
I am committed to serving the citizens of Bloomfield in a fair and ethical manner, voting my conscience, faithfully attending council meetings and studying the issues. I am grateful for the trust and confidence that my community has placed in me over the years and take the responsibility very seriously.