The City Clerk is an officer of the City, working for and with the City Manager. The position of City Clerk is a statutory position required by New Mexico State Law and Bloomfield's Articles of Incorporation.
The City Clerk's responsibilities include:
- Preparing agendas and minutes for Bloomfield City Council meetings.
⇛ Agendas and Minutes
- Providing services and support for Bloomfield's Mayor, City Council and City Manager.
- Processing applications to inspect public records.
⇛ Request to Inspect Public Records
- Serving as the official custodian of Bloomfield's records, and directing record retention, archival, and destruction.
- Business Licenses Directing the issuance of business licenses and registrations.
⇛ Business License Application
- Administering the City's liquor license process and issuing applications for special liquor dispenser permits. ⇛ Liquor License Application
- Directing publication of public notices.
⇛ Public Notices
City Council Meetings
Council meetings are held on the second and fourth Mondays of each month at 6 p.m. in the City Council Chambers located at 915 N First St., Bloomfield, NM 87413.